Browsing Seminar Papers by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 30
Results Per Page
- ItemAPPROACH AND STRATEGIES FOR WRITING QUALITY ACADEMIC PAPERS(2006-04-11) MOHAMMED, ZakariThe paper discusses the essence of writing academic paper, qualities of good academic paper and type. It highlights the strategic steps for and approaches to writing quality academic paper. It concludes that for all intent and purposes the writer should have a focus, be ready to accept constructive reviews and criticisms, and above all be determined.
- ItemBUDGETING FOR EFFECTIVE SCHOOL LIBRARY SERVICES(2004-10) Ibrahim, UmarThe paper observes that the rapid development of Nigerian School Library, as a result of government realization of its importance and impact on the attainment of educational and National development could be attributed to the persistent effort of proponents of School Library. However, among all the aspects of School Library extensively discussed, budget seems to be the leastThe paper therefore highlights the different sources of funds for School Library and discusses budget and budgeting techniques for effective School Library system and services. It concludes that fund or no funds; budget and budgeting should be an integral part of the School Librarian role and job.
- ItemCHALLENGES OF PUBLISHING IN NORTHERN NIGERIA(2017-07-05) MOHAMMED, Zakari
- ItemTHE CONTRIBUTION OF KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY IN STAFF DEVELOPMENT(2015-05-07) Ibrahim, Umar
- ItemCOURSE CREDIT SYSTEM (CCS), UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS AND DEGREE CLASSIFICATION(1998-03-20) Ibrahim, Umar
- ItemCREATING AWARENESS IN INFORMATION SOURCES & SERVICES AMONG USERS OE HEALTH INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN NIGERIA(2004-12-03) Ibrahim, UmarThe paper discusses four broad types of health information sources. Highlighting the problems of availability of health information resources in Nigerian medical/health institutions and libraries and information centers, the paper provides different kinds of information service that can be provided to health workers. The paper concludes by calling for adequate funding of medical/health libraries in the country. Also a call is made on the need to reposition the Health Management Information Systems established in the country.
- ItemDEVELOPING SEARCH STRATEGIES FOR EFFECTIVE RESEARCH OUTPUT AMONG STAFF AND STUDENTS OF KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA: A LIBRARIAN’S CONTRIBUTION(2011-03-24) Ibrahim, UmarThe paper discusses the role and importance of research to national development. However, the paper laments the poor research output of Nigerian Universities despite the attention accorded research at various level of the university education. Conducting research work still remains a very difficult task. Discussing the research process, the paper explains various search strategies researchers could adopt to facilitate faster research output
- ItemDOCUMENTING AND SHARING INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE IN PRIVATE LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA: THE CASE OF SHEIKH UMAR SANDA LIBRARY(2010-07-15) Ibrahim, UmarChristened knowledge age, the world in this century is interested in harnessing and sharing indigenous knowledge in any form and from any where in the globe. Using Sheikh Umar Sanda’s private library in general and his publications in particular, this paper demonstrated the rich indigenous information contents of private libraries in Nigeria. Analyzing the contents of some of his publications reveal the vast knowledge hidden in these private libraries
- ItemEVALUATING ACADAMIC LIBRARIES' BOOK VENDORS PERFORMANCE: A CASE STUDY OF KASHIM IBRAHIM LIBRARY'S VENDORS(2001) Ibrahim, UmarIn a time of information explosion, proliferation of publishers and vendors, spiraling cost of information materials and ihe in adequate funding of academic libraries, the acquisition department of academic libraries must determine which book Vendors are serving them most. To do this successfully, libraries need to evaluate the performance of their Vendors. This research work is therefore the result of an attempt to evaluate Kashim Ibrahim Library's Vendors with the aim of determining how well they are providing library materials and services in accordance with the need of the library. from the data collected and analysed, the paper concludes dial the library is satisfied with the performance of all its foreign Vendors and more than half of its local Vendors.
- ItemInformation Policy Implementation in Nigeria: Issues and Challenges(2021) Musa, Aminu Umar; Dauda, Aliyu Abubakar; Ja’afar, sekinat; Musa, Abubakar MohammedInformation policy implementation faces a range of challenges, especially in a resourceconstrained country like Nigeria. Given the contexts in which policies are developed, including the policy's content, the nature of the policy formulation process, and the actors involved in the formulation and implementation processes, this paper examines the challenges of information policy implementation in Nigeria. To achieve this objective, a comprehensive literature review was conducted to arrive at an understanding of some of the challenges that hinder the effective implementation of information policy within the Nigerian context. The paper identifies issues and challenges within the wider policy literature and explains why it is critical to tackle each challenge for effective policy implementation. The paper reported a lack of a clear definition of responsibility and coordination, a lack of participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries, a lack of continuity and commitment to policy, compromise and conflict during implementation, overambition in policy formulation, and corruption as major factors hindering effective information policy implementation. The paper concludes by arguing that a supportive policy environment, the involvement of major stakeholders and beneficiaries, clearly defined roles and responsibilities and a good plan of action at the implementation stage can be regarded as necessary ingredients for effective policy implementation
- ItemINTEGRATION OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEB 3.0 TOOLS IN LIBRARY OPERATIONS AND SERVICES(2015-04-19) Ibrahim, UmarThe paper x-rayed the growth and development of Kaduna State University Library and celebrated its decade of existence. Discussing its achievements and challenges, the paper highlights some major breakthroughs, such as designing and adopting new Information Resource Development Policy (IRDP), up-to-date access to TETFund interventions, recruitment of qualified staff that led to the rapid development of the library, especially in the last five years. The paper concludes that the library has indeed contributed to the overall development and academic achievements of the University
- ItemKADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY SYSTEM: GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT; CELEBRATING OVER A DECADE OF EXISTENCE(2016-02) Ibrahim, UmarThe paper x-rayed the growth and development of Kaduna State University Library and celebrated its decade of existence. Discussing its achievements and challenges, the paper highlights some major breakthroughs, such as designing and adopting new Information Resource Development Policy (IRDP), up-to-date access to TETFund interventions, recruitment of qualified staff that led to the rapid development of the library, especially in the last five years. The paper concludes that the library has indeed contributed to the overall development and academic achievements of the University
- ItemLibrary And Information Services Provision In E-Learning Environment(2023) Mohammed, Zakari
- ItemManagement In The Contemporary Society(2017-08-24) MOHAMMED, ZakariThe paper viewed the concept 'Management' from two perspectives-as a phenomenon (formation/body) and as a function (process) and what each of them stand for. It identified the essence of management to having the capacity to effectively marshal and shepherd the human and material resources of establishments to achieve the desired vision, mission, goals and objective at least cost. Viewed within the perspectives and antecedents of the 21st century paradigm, Contemporary Society is conceived as the technology/virtual/digital driven society and environment where effective adoption, adaption, application, and utilisation of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and particularly the Cloud technology of Things (CoT) is of necessity and relevant in all spheres of human endeavour to ensure and enhance effectiveness and efficiency. The need for application of technology to management, the aspects management needing the application of technology, the challenges to successful application of technologies to management and the way out of the perceived quagmire were highlighted. It advocated for the transformation of the conventional work environment in typical establishments/organisation into Smart Work Place ( SWP) where managerial systems, functions and operations are technology driven.
- ItemNational Development And Security In Perspective(2019-09-03) MOHAMMED, ZakariThe paper conceived development as a continuum with no static nor predetermined end such that when the aimed paradigm is attained, it subsequently prompts the need and urge to move further for the attainment of much better, much higher and more superior level of developmental achievement so as to get things better and maintain a niche over the existing state of whatever. It examined the dimensions development within the framework of the UN Sustainable Development Goals agenda and what it takes to ensure truly national development. In like manner, national security was viewed beyond securing life and property per se, to encompass all the perspectives of what it takes to preserve a nation at large. The place of ICT in the scheme of contemporary global paradigm especially as it relates to national development and security were highlighted. It concluded that it is natural that no society nor nation will want to be associated with underdevelopment at all fronts of human endeavour. Thus, for systematic national development to be achieved, it must be supported by the security and safety of not only life and property, but should include strategic areas such as: Economy; Education and Literacy; Science and Technology; Law and Order; Politics and International Relations; Reliable and Sustainable Water Supply; Sustainable Environment and Energy Supply; Social Welfare and Empowerment; Culture and Integration; Agriculture and Animal Husbandry; Health and Sanitation; Information and Communication Technology; Road and Transportation; and Good Governance.
- ItemTHE NEED FOR AN INTEGRATED RECORDS MANAGEMENT IN THE MUSLIM STUDENTS' SOCIETY OF NIGERIA(2002-09-07) Ibrahim, UmarThe paper discusses the need for records management in the Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria. The problems of records creation, control and management were highlighted and solutions advanced. As a way forward, the paper discusses the basic elements of records management members of the Muslim Students' Society need to know and master.
- ItemNEW APPROACH TO INFORMATION SERVICES DELIVERY IN THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (NNPC) LIBRARIES(2014-12) Ibrahim, UmarThe paper discusses new approaches to information service delivery in organizations with particular reference to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. Emphasizing the need for corporate librarians to be more proactive and involved in all the corporate programmes right from the beginning, the paper calls for periodical assessment of corporate information needs with the view to discovering the changing corporation’s explicit and tacit knowledge. Proposing restructuring of the Corporate headquarter library to accommodate two new essential divisions and using emerging Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), such as internet, GSM, blogging/RSS feeds, etc., the paper shows how different strategies could be employed to deploy information services to the entire corporate workforce.
- ItemNIGERIAN SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN AN EMERGING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICT) ENVIRONMENT(2004-03-22) Ibrahim, UmarThe paper shows that the Nigerian society is an emerging Information ami Communication Technology (ICT) society and that the best place to nurture information handling skills and information literacy for life-long development is the Nigerian school library. Discussing the challenges of Nigerian school libraries in an emerging ICT environment, the paper highlights funding and capacity building as the major problems towards successful ICT applications and use in Nigerian school libraries.
- ItemPreparing for National University Commission (NUC) Accreditation Exercise: The Experience of Kaduna State University Library, Kaduna Nigeria(2014) Gani, Esther.; Ibrahim, Umar.The paper reviewed and made analysis of past accreditation exercises conducted by National University Commission (NUC) on different academic programmed in Kaduna State University. The paper specifically discussed the centrality of the University library to accreditation exercise and NUC observations on the university library. In preparation for the third accreditation exercise, the library adopted new strategies such as formation of Permanent University Library Accreditation Committee (ULAC), aside the University Central Accreditation Committee (CAC), new acquisition procedures,Mock accreditation and other very important factors contributed greatly in making KASU library“getting it right this time around”.
- ItemPUBLIC LIBRARIES AS TOOLS FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED PUBLIC LIBRARIES IN KOTA REGION, RAJASTHAN(2017-01-28) SAMBO, Suleiman,; AZAREMA, AbduThis paper describes the use of Public Libraries as tools for Socio-economic and Political Development with reference to selected public libraries in Kota region, Rajasthan. It examines the views of users toward the services rendered by public libraries, how these services are being offered and also the impact of these services on their socio-economic and political development. Survey design was adopted for the study and methods used for collecting data included questionnaire, observation and interview. The data collected were analyzed and interpreted using simple frequency and percentages. From the total of 70 copies of questionnaire distributed, 58 copies, representing 83% were filled and returned. Finally the paper highlights the various major findings of the study and offers some vital suggestions on how the overall system and services of selected Public Libraries in Kota region can be improved in line with technological advancement of 21st century for the betterment of socio-economic and political condition of the users.