Permanent URI for this collection
1 - 5 of 29
- ItemWEALTH CREATION FOR NIGERIAN YOUTHS THROUGH INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR SUSTAINABLE NATIONAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT(2021-08-05)The paper look at wealth creation for Nigerian youths through entrepreneurship and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for sustainable national economic development. ICT is the digital processing and utilization of information by the use of electronic computers. It covers all forms of computer and communications equipment and software used to create, design, store, transmit, interpret and manipulate information in its various formats. The quality performance of the entrepreneur determines whether capital would grow rapidly or slowly and whether the growth involves innovations. Entrepreneurship is a veritable tool for the achievement of inclusive growth and consequently sustainable development. In order to reduce unemployment and create wealth opportunity for Sustainable National Economic Development, Federal Government introduced some programmes such as NPower, Youth Empowerment and Development Initiative (YEDI), Start-up Nigeria 2019, Trader Money, African Youth Empowerment of Nigeria (AYEN) etc. The paper concluded that ICT skills and entrepreneurship development leads to economic development, job creativity, economic sustainability, individual self-reliance, improved standard of living better awareness and practice. The way forward for proper wealth creation and sustainable entrepreneurship development, Federal Government and indeed other tiers of government in Nigeria should provide the enabling environment for the activities of entrepreneurs like provision of ICT skills, infrastructures, enacting and formulating of laws and policies that will aid entrepreneurship development in the country. Keywords: ICT, Entrepreneur, Wealth Creation, Economic Development, Youths
- ItemTECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT FOR LEARNING PROCESS OF VISUALLY IMPAIRED LIBRARY READERS: A CASE STUDY OF VISUALLY IMPAIRED UNIT OF GOVERNMENT DIVISIONAL PUBLIC LIBRARY KOTA RAJASTHAN(2021)The paper attempt to study the Technological Advancement for learning process of Visually Impaired (VI) readers with special reference to VI unit of Government Public Library Kota Rajasthan. The main objective of the paper is to analyze their attitude toward learning process and the usefulness of technological facilities in VI unit of the public library. Interview method was used for data collection. Finally the paper highlights the various major findings of the study and offers some vital suggestions on how the overall system and services of Government Public Library Kota can be improved with special attention to VI unit
- ItemSOCIO-ECONOMICDEVELOPMENT THROUGH PUBLIC LIBRARIES: A CASE STUDY OF GOVERNMENTPUBLIC LIBRARIES KOTAREGION, RAJASTHAN INDIA(2021)This paper describes Socio-EconomicDevelopment provided by selected Public Libraries in Kota Region, Rajasthan. It examines the views of users towards the services rendered by Public Libraries, how these services are being offered and also the impact of these services on their socio-economic and political development. Survey design was adopted for the study and instruments used for collecting data included questionnaire, observation and interview. The data collected were analyzed and interpreted using simple frequency and percentages. Seventy eight (78%) response rate was recorded, were respondents’ highlights how the overall system and services of selected Public Libraries in Kota region can contribute and improve socio-economic development of Kota region.
- ItemRoles of Public Libraries towards Enhancing Effective Knowledge Management in Kaduna State, Nigeria(2021-11-26)The paper discusses the Roles of Public Libraries towards Enhancing Effective Knowledge Management in Kaduna state, Nigeria. Development of Public Libraries in Nigeria started aggressively from its birth, and that effort gained the support of foreign agencies and organisations that provided grants at different periods, but the major impact was spearheaded by the regional leaders. Kaduna State is the successor to the old Northern Region of Nigeria. Knowledge Management (KM) is a crucial concept which aims, in any organization, at explaining and clearing how to transform both personal and organizational information into individual and collective knowledge and skills. Four main types of knowledge were highlighted and sequenced. The paper looked at some basic managerial functions and skills for enhancing Knowledge Management, such as interpersonal skills, information skills, and decision-making skills. It also highlighted the roles required or can be played by Public Libraries to improve effective Knowledge Management. Public Libraries need to upgrade their skills needed for technological advancement, scribd delivery, Web 2.0, social media, and electronic library automation. Some challenges were identified such as: Power failure, internet problems, lack of qualified staff and funding, etc. The paper concluded that Public Libraries in Kaduna State should ensure the optimal use of technology to enhance effective Knowledge Management. Therefore, way forward include among others, that Public Libraries in Kaduna State should provide support to supplement electricity in the event of a power outage such as provision of high-powered solar systems and generators that provide stable power. Specialized ICT personnel should be recruited to assist Kaduna State Public Libraries in enhancing effective knowledge management and proper funding should be provided to Public Libraries in Kaduna State for enhanced Knowledge Management.
- ItemSTRUCTURE AND NATURE OF CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME FOR LIBRARIANS: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS BETWEEN INDIA AND NIGERIA(2017-03-07)Librarians facing Problems of high expenditure burden, disparities of scheme and demographic changes forced developing countries like India and Nigeria to reform and adopt contributory pension schemes. A comparative analysis of the scheme through a content analysis revealed similarities with regards to privatisation, government regulatory role, skewedness of the scheme in favour of government and dissimilar in the areas decentralisation level, and flexibility in favour of Librarians. Therefore the study concluded by Based on the above both governments should look in to the possibilities of balancing the scale of advantages to both government and subscribers in order to avoid tilt in government favour. The Indian government should look again at the functions of its levels of PFA in order to enjoy an economy of scale. Whereas Nigeria should evolve a more Librarian flexible withdrawal packages in some critical areas of human existence just like the Indian case.