1 - 5 of 75
- ItemCOLLECTION DEVELOPMENT POLICY: A SURVEY OF ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN FEDERAL AND STATE UNIVERSITIES, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA(2017-09)This study investigated the Collection Development policy: A survey of Academic libraries in federal and state universities, Kaduna State Nigeria. The design of the study is survey method and the population of the study was the head of libraries, acquisition librarians and other professional librarians directly involved in collection development in the library under study.A structured questionnaire was used for data gathering. The questionnaire data was analyzed using frequency and percentages for easy interpretation. The research finding shows that the three universities under study have written collection development policy. It also shows that, the libraries under study have almost all the subheadings of the content of collection development policy. The following were the recommended in line with the findings of the study: Academic libraries without a written policy should make sure that after formulating the collection development policy, the policy should be fully guided for resource development. It should not be done. All acquisition librarians should be involved in the formulation and evaluation of collection development policy in order to keep them current on issues affecting the policy. Collection development policy should be reviewed at least after every five (5) years to give room for new changes.
- ItemINFORMATION NEEDS OF LIBRARY USERS’ IN KANO STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, NIGERIA(2017-10)The paper examines the Information Needs of Library users in Kano State University of Science and Technology, Wudil Nigeria. The research design adopted for this study is descriptive survey method. The study was guided by three research questions and objectives. Purposive convenience sampling technique was used to collect data from a target sample population of 43 library users’. Questionnaire and observation were used to collect from the participant. Data collected were analyzed using descriptive statistical method, which were presented in form of tables and charts using frequency and sample percentages. The findings revealed that, Majority of the respondents frequently visit the library to satisfy their information need purposely for reading, learning and teaching (41.8%). It also showed that, the major information sources accessible to the respondents are internet and books. The results further showed that, most of the respondents prefer to source for their information need through the internet (67.4%) and books (76.7%) and also revealed that only few of the library services were known to the users. It recommends on how best to improve on the library services and acquisition of current information resources to Library users in order to enhance their teaching, learning and research thus, helping them to meet the trend of 21st century library
- ItemTechnology Acceptance Model: An Empirical Study of Electronic Health Record among Health workers in Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Shika-Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria(2019-09)In Nigeria, patients spend ample time at the clinics waiting to be attended to by healthcare providers and other clerical staff. A lot of reasons have been associated with the causes of the long waiting period at the outpatient department in most clinics in developing countries among which is the issue of manual record keeping. Different pragmatic approaches have been made in other to reduce the waiting period at the clinics among which is EHR. For EHR to be fully utilized there be some perceived benefits on the part of the users. The study used Davies (1989) technology acceptance model (TAM) to explain the user (health workers) acceptance behavior of EHR in Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH), Shika-Zaria. Two research questions was raised, the study adopted qualitative methodology. The population of the study included all the health workers in ABUTH using a clustered sampling technique to randomly select the respondents and the process of interviewing was stopped the data reached the saturation stage. Content analysis of data was used to the data. It was discovered that if the technology is established, it will assist the management in there planning in terms of recruitment of personals and the use of facility within certain unit in the hospital this will lessen the time patients wait at the clinic. It can be concluded that if EHR is adopted in the system, there is the possibility that the technology may be fully utilized because of the inherent perceived ease of use and usefulness as observed by the health workers there by reducing the time patient spent at the public health facility
- ItemREPOSITIONING OF KNOWLEDGE RESOURCE CENTRES FOR EFFECTIVE DIGITAL SERVICES(2021-04)Information Communication Technology has changed the way Knowledge Resource Centers operate today. This has led most of the KRC to move from the old way of providing services to users to the modern method due to Information Communication Technology which gave birth to digital services. The aim of this article was to reposition the Information Resource Center for the effective dissemination of information through digital services. The need to reconfigure the KRC for an effective digital library was also explored. It highlights the concept of a digital library by studying the basic requirements and equipment needed to restore KRC for effective digital services. The article examines some of the opportunities and issues associated with creating a KRC digital library, such as: Better accessibility, faster information retrieval, copyright / license, and power outages, to name a few. It concludes that KRC, which relies heavily on print resources, should rethink and incorporate digital services to effectively serve its remote users and also figure out how to maintain digital services so that library services are effective. Some recommendations were made which included that KRC should try to persuade and obtain a copyright license from publishers / authors. This would help them provide a better service to their users. KRC should continue to improve users' digital services by ensuring that users can access resources anytime, anywhere, and any day, It will help them change their way of thinking to take advantage of the latest digital technologies / services
- ItemROLES OF LIBRARIANS TOWARDS THE PROVISION OF DRUG INFORMATION RESOURCES AND SERVICES TO HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS(2021-08)This paper examines the roles of Roles of Librarians towards the Provision of Drug Information Resources and Services to Health Care Professionals. It describes how Librarian and health care providers could use the Internet as source of drug information to patients. Sources of drug information provided by Health care professionals were also discussed such as primary, secondary and tertiary sources. Advantages and disadvantages of using internet based drug information were emphasized. The paper also looked at how Nigerian Librarians and Health care professionals use electronic drug information resources to provide quality and new techniques, new products and new information to patients. Some factors that influenced the use of electronic drug information resources were also outlined such as: attitudes of librarians towards the provision of drug information resources, health care information and services delivery etc. It concluded that Health Care Professional and the Librarian should be able play a vital roles of providing relevant information resources to patients who needs it to satisfy their information needs